Monday, April 4, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers


This is a little project I started many months ago and then abandoned.  I zig zagged on the fabric strips and outlined a robin in free motion machine stitch.  I think the tension was wrong and I was unhappy with the  robin so the project was tossed aside.  Then a few days ago I saw cute little free motion daisies on
Garden Clippings lovely blog, and decided to give it another try.   I dug it out of the great heap of abandoned projects and started adding free motion flowers and raindrops.  I couldn't resist adding some little French knot flowers as well.  Do they make it a little too busy?  Last I painted in the robin outline.  In retrospect I think I should have painted the bird first and stitched around him, but overall I'm happy with the results.  He is my cheerful reminder that spring will really arrive.  Hope you have signs of spring in your little corner of the world.



3 comments:

The Muse of The Day said...

Yes, some signs of spring - CRAZY weather. I love, love, love your piece on this post. The french knot flowers- my favorite. Oh, Alicia, save this one aside. If I get to your neck of the woods this summer, I want to see this one in person. Carolina

kathyjo51 said...

Love your robin!! He is only the third one we have seen so far this spring. Post my picture!

The Muse of The Day said...

OK, I am here. Where is the painting?
We are having massive storms with tornadoes - I feel like I haven't slept in days.
I will check back in a few minutes.

Carolina