Monday, March 19, 2012

My First Knitted Sweater



This is a huge TA DA moment for me, I have finished knitting an entire sweater!  Okay it's only a baby sweater, but it is done!  I made it for my new niece.  I also made the cutest little matching shoes out of wool felt that I will show you tomorrow. 





The top of this little matinee sweater is done in seed stitch.  The front has three mother of pearl buttons.  I actually knitted tiny buttons holes, and it all turned out!  I am still in shock.  I wasn't sure how long the sweater would take me so I made it in the sixth month size to be sure baby Erin could still wear it by the time I finished.  I'm not sure I quite have the technique right for sewing the pieces together but it isn't bad for my very first one.  Now maybe I will have the courage to finish the much easier sweater I started for myself fifteen years ago!

1 comment:

Melissa P said...

I'm so impressed. Finding time to knit in the midst of everything--that is no small feat.

This will be a treasured heirloom.