Thursday, January 6, 2011

Welcome Winter 2011!

Now that Christmas is over I can show some of the gifts I made. This is a mixed media work for my mother. I painted the cardinal on muslin with acrylics and cut it out to attach to the snowflake fabric background. I attached a smidge of lace to embellish birdy's chest and over stamped with white acrylic. I also sewed on a few snowflake buttons. The sheer fabric overlay on the left has silver metallic snowflakes. My mom supports quite a population of birds through the long Minnesota winter, so I thought I would give her one bird she doesn't have to feed.

2 comments:

The Muse of The Day said...

Yay!!!
Yay! Yay!
I am hoping you are back in blogland for good. I miss you! Oh and a triple Yay! for loosing 8 lbs.
Carolina

kathyjo51 said...

This lives in my house.