Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Life imitates art


A few days ago it was 70 degrees but I woke up to this scene very early this morning.  The kids were  excited to have another snow day.  My family back home in Minnesota would scoff; they just received 17 inches of snow.  Our 3 or 4 inches wouldn't even slow them down.

My friend Carolina encouraged me to repost my February sketchbook page.  I will save the recommended back story for the next painting, but here is the new (hopefully improved) photo of my sketchbook. 



I would have previously rejected this photo because of the shadows, but it is starting to grow on me.
I painted the scenes from memory because all the snow was gone by the time I got around to finishing the sketch.  But then this morning....



Life imitates art

(That's the moon in the background)


I can't resist posting one more picture.  The background is too busy for me but it is the best photo for showing what the page really looks like.

3 comments:

The Muse of The Day said...

Now we have officially "entered a conversation". The painted page looks great. I loved the treat of getting peeks of your world. Carolina

kathyjo51 said...

Your right,18 inches of snow didn't keep our kids home from school! Keep up the great art work. We are waiting to see the reader rests! Mom came down this morning and said to check you blog, to see if you had one posted.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful street! I really like the sketchbook page. Reminds me of a picture quilt. Just lovely.