Friday, January 13, 2012

Lovebirds?


 
I'm working on a new painting.  It is taking a while so I thought I would share a glimpse of it in progress.  The flowers need some more detailing and then I will start painting the cardinal pair in the center.  The birds are drawn but I'm not sure you can make them out; we are having a gray, rainy day here in Dover.  At least I have these cheerful springy flowers from my imagination to brighten the day.  Hope you are having a cheery day in your part of the world!

2 comments:

Melissa P said...

Alicia! Even without the birds, this is so beautiful. I can see all the yearnings for Spring in this.

Can't wait to see it finished.

The Muse of The Day said...

I, too, can see that spring is just around the corner in your painting. Personally, I have been looking at seed catalogs, and realizing that I wasn't cut out for this winter thing. I can see the pencil drawing when I enlarge the photo - quite an undertaking. Again I must tell you how good it is to see you posting. I plan on doing the same later on today, since this is my nondriving day. Congratulations on your painting. Carolina