Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cherry Blossoms


A sun shiney day at long last!  I have been working away at my little sketches but I haven't had a nice day for shooting photos in ages.  I was finally able to get outside and now I have a plump folder full of edited pictures ready to post.  The cherry blossoms (neighbor's tree) are long gone now but I am happy to have their memory preserved in my scribble sketchbook.

The city has planted a new tree in our front yard; the city claims the little patch of dirt from the outside of the sidewalk to the curb, but I still consider it to be "our" tree.  My husband says it's a cherry, but I won't be convinced until I see blossoms next spring. We used to have a beautiful maple in that spot but it was taken out by a drunk driver.  The new tree is doing very well.  Our nextdoor neighbor who has the cherry tree I sketched, is outside at this moment polishing his brand new jeep.  His pickup truck was recently totaled in front of his house by a different drunk driver!  Our street is actually fairly quiet and we live in a sleepy little town, so I hope our new little tree can grow in peace.  I hope it is also peaceful in your little corner of the world!

1 comment:

The Muse of The Day said...

I love the painting, the pinks are "perfect pinks", but what a tease you are, Alicia. I want to see ALL the contents of the plump folder. On another note... I guess I will know I'm getting close to your house if I find my self at a sobriety checkpoint at the end of a charming tree-lined street with a highly polished jeep in a driveway in some sleepy little town. Hopefully it will be the time of year when the cherry blossoms have opened so that I don't have to second guess which house is yours. Glad to see your post. Carolina